Friday, February 13, 2015

YOGA Post 2

I love to try new things and am sometimes overly confident about my abilities.

I don't know how to sew, but I decided to make a shirt for my husband many years ago. In fact I made two. With some help. They are great costume pieces my sons have worn. Recently I decided to make a jacket...I needed a lot of help to complete it. I realize I like to jump into things and figure out the "how to" during the process, rather than waiting till I know how to do what ever it is I'm doing.

Now yoga. I decided I could start teaching, after just a few weeks of studying. After all, I have been doing yoga for many years... Luckily my first class was for just one person, a sweet and supportive friend, so it turned out alright, but it was more difficult than I expected. Probably because I didn't make a specific enough plan. During the class I had to remind myself that I am an actor and could certainly act like a yoga teacher. Next week I will do better.

Eventually my skill will catch up to my confidence.

Thank you, Mandi, for doing yoga with me. And thank you, Syl, for your wisdom and for the wonderful Bodhi Yoga studio.


No comments: