Wednesday, June 10, 2015

How interested in my life am I?

I wrote an earlier post about a statement in Joel Kramer's Yoga as Self-Transformation, (thank you Bodhi Yoga, for sharing it with me). Here is another gem from that same article:


Sometimes "scattered" or agitated--you're off in different directions at once. Yet, at other times, you may also have great energy and be very focused and calm. Yoga involves learning to generate energy, and also to focus it into different parts of your body. This enables you to break through physical and psychological blocks, increasing energy, which allows new interest to come into your life. At any instant, the quality of your life is directly related to how interested you are in it. 

I really, really love that last sentence! It makes so much sense, but I had not thought about it in that way. It made me stop, think and realize (with a heart filled with gratitude) that my life is filled with so much I am interested in, and yes, my life is good.




No comments: