Monday, May 8, 2017

LOVE

I read a thought provoking quote recently from Dr Sue Morter


"Until we actually allow Love to vibrate at the core of our being, it remains just a theory.
Choose to be Loved. Choosing to Love is one thing, but choosing to be Loved lets Love land in your core. Feel the distinction and revel in it."


We so often speak of and focus on learning to Love others. I am learning that Love begins with self love. Jesus said "love thy neighbor as thyself" (Mark 12:31) and called it one of the two greatest commandments, right after loving God. I've been thinking about that a lot, and to me it means that as we expand our ability for self compassion and love, we also expand our ability to love others. 




I quote from our Restorative Partner Yoga manual: 

"In one tradition, monks used this practice as a basis that blended with the four divine states of Buddhism: Metta (loving kindness), Karuna (compassion), Mudita (sympathetic joy), Uppekha (non-prejudice). RPY is an opportunity for literal expression of these Divine states of awareness for both the giver and receiver. "




I see Restorative Partner Yoga as a beautiful form of love in action. This is easy to see when you are the giver. As the receiver you get to practice what Dr Morter talks about above: letting Love land in your core...feeling it and reveling in it! Absolutely yummy! Which has expanded my container and ability for self compassion and love, which hopefull will increase my ability to love and have compassion for all other beings. 








There is a beautiful Sanskrit Chant I love: 

"Loka Samastaa Sukhino Bhavantu"
Shanti, Shanti, Shanti"


It means: May all beings in all dimensions and time be happy and free, PEACE, PEACE, PEACE. 


My intent is that my thoughts, words and actions will contribute in some way to that happiness and freedom for all.

Thank you Syl and Bodhi Yoga, for all you continue to teach me. Namaste. 










No comments: