Tuesday, October 20, 2015

PRENATAL YOGA

Image from BodhiYoga.com

Early in my mothering years, I became a childbirth educator with the Association for Childbirth at Home International (ACHI). I loved everything to do with childbirth so much, and I thought I wanted to become a midwife. I pursued this course, studying and assisting as a birth attendant at many births. After a couple of years I realized this was not my path and moved on to other pursuits. However, pregnancy and birth have continued to be one of my great passions. The things I learned and taught helped me with bringing my 5 children to light, and have continued to serve as I've assited my daughters and friends as a doula, during their pregnancies and births.


Now with my yoga teacher training, I can bring these two passions of mine to work together. Yoga is a wonderful and safe way to prepare for birth and mothering. It teaches you ways to strengthen and relax your body, and can help relieve some of the discomforts of pregnancy.

I am very excited for Bodhi Yoga's Prenatal program, it will provide great support for mothers and their partners! There is an upcoming workshop, November 7, 14 and 21st, 1-3 PM.



Pregnancy is not just nine months before a woman gives birth, it is a very physical metaphor that is preparing her for the mothering she will be doing for the rest of her life and the relationship she will share with her child.  Bodhi Yoga’s pre-natal workshops and classes hold the space for she and her partner in a way that supports a yogic approach to pregnancy, childbirth and parenting in a uniquely transformative way.
Syl Carson-Bodhi Yoga Founding Director 




No comments: