Friday, November 13, 2015

Muladhara-Root Chakra

Root Chakra image from Bodhi Yoga 
The first Chakra, Muladhara or Root Chakra is found at the base of the spine, perineum, legs and feet.  It is the foundation or root of all the other chakras. It has to do with instinct, security, survival and potential. Red is the color for this chakra. 



From the Bodhi Yoga website:

Fear is the shadow of the Root Chakra. How safe and secure do you feel? Do you take care of your basic needs? 

We can nourish our root chakra by attending to our basic physical needs, nourishing and nurturing ourselves. 

I pieced together this affirmation (most of it from the Bodhi Yoga Chakra Deck) for myself: 


"I attend to my body mind and spirit everyday. I rely on God to provide physical support and safety. I manifest blessings into my life continually. All that I need now is here" 



This is the mudra for the Root Chakra


No comments: