Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Bodhi Path


The lovely, healing, empowering, Bodhi Yoga Center

Bodhi: 1. the knowledge of awareness by which one experiences enlightenment
            2. the experience of awakening through awareness, pure intent, faith unwavering

From the Bodhi Yoga website: 

“Bodhi” is a sanskrit word that means “Awakening”.  At Bodhi Yoga™ our practice is designed to help you be more aware; better able to notice and understand how your yoga moves your body, mind, emotions and spirit toward a place of balance and abundance.  Over time, the result is that you are able to naturally increase your tolerance for that wonderful awareness.  We honor your yoga practice as a great tool to bring the abundance you learn in class, outward to enrich every other area of your life.

Bodhi Yoga™ is a slower paced yoga, where we teach you to pay as much attention to how you move in and out of the yoga poses, as being in the postures themselves.  Our focus is on creating the space for increased stamina, resilience and awareness in your practice and your life.  When we slow down our breath and movement together, the intensity and focus of your practice deepens into something brand new; a style of practice that fosters both emotional intelligence, maturity and appreciation.

The above paragraphs explain the core reason why, after almost 20 years of practicing yoga,  I chose to do my teacher training through Bodhi Yoga. I began serious study almost a year ago, and it has been an amazing experience of diving deep and becoming immersed in all aspects of yoga. I have loved taking the time to study and explore. As I learned to slow down my breath and movement, and deepen the intensity and focus of my practice, the same happened with my study and preparation to certify as a Yoga Instructor. I have moved (and will continue to move) toward awareness of this place of balance and abundance.

Becoming more awake, more conscious, more present, and thus experiencing more joy, this is the path I seek. As I complete the requirements for my Teacher Training, I will begin teaching at Bodhi Yoga, and that is a dream come true!



No comments: